- Creation of two platforms that generate competitiveness in the habitat sector
The project aims to create two accelerating platforms for competitiveness in the habitat sector: circular economy and product innovation. The Accelerating Platform of the Circular Economy (PaEC) aims to accelerate the transition of companies from the habitat sector to a more circular economic model, which considers from a holistic point of view aspects of sustainability applied throughout the value chain. The Accelerating Platform of Product Innovation (PaIP) seeks to enhance and accelerate the innovation of habitat products, facilitating the rapid integration in the design process of both aesthetic tendencies and new features. Under both platforms, CENFIM will develop pre-elaborated solutions that allow businesses easy and economical integration in their processes with minimal customization.
Execution period: 01/01/2018 - 31/12/2020
Applicable results for companies
In the Accelerating Platform of the Circular Economy (PaEC):
- Evaluation tools and advanced environmental management (chain of custody, environmental management, eco-labels, eco-design, circular economics, etc.).
- Feasibility studies with pilot tests and experimentation in waste recovery.
In the Acceleration Platform of Product Innovation (PaIP):
- Methodologies of product innovation
- New materials with new features, properties and functions
- New features (IoT, among others)
Project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of the European Union, within the framework of the ERDF 2014-2020 Operational Program. Objective of investment in growth and employment. Initiative of coordinated intervention PECT Ebrebiosfera, operation "Op.3.4. Creation of two platforms that generate competitiveness in the Habitat sector".
The total investment of the project is 406.268,55 € of which 203.134,28 € are supported by the FEDER funds.